Terms of Service
CarDash, Inc (“CarDash,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides its services (described below) to you or your agent, representative or authorized vehicle operators (as designated by you in writing to CarDash) through its website located at www.CarDash.com (the “Site”) and through its mobile applications, platform (“you” or “User”) and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, the “Terms of Service”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the Services user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than fourteen (14) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICE
Services Description: The Service is designed to offer you information and a means of obtaining short-term vehicle management solutions to coordinate pick up and return of a vehicle to and from a designated auto service center, and to complete repair or maintenance work on your vehicle at the auto service center, at your request, but within a service area as designated by CarDash. As a User, you authorize CarDash Service to operate your vehicle and make decisions on your behalf for the purposes of managing vehicle pick-up, transportation, vehicle repair, and drop-off logistics, as designated by you and where you and your guests may or may not be a passenger.
User Representations and Warranties: By using the Service, you expressly represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old, otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts and legally entitled to enter this Agreement. If you reside in a jurisdiction which restricts the use of the Service because of age, or restricts the ability to enter agreements such as this one due to age, you must abide by such age limits and you must not use the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or others who are not capable of entering into binding contracts. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
As a precondition to your use of the Service, you represent and warrant that:
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized to operate a motor vehicle and have all appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to participate in the Services in all jurisdictions in which you use the Services.
- You have the legal right to operate the vehicle when dropping off the vehicle, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will be solely responsible for any and all liability which results from or is alleged as a result of the condition of your vehicle, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages.
- You will be solely responsible for the full functionality of your vehicle. If your vehicle fails to function (electrical, mechanical, battery charge or other) in any way while CarDash is in possession of your vehicle, you will be responsible for all storage fees, roadside assistance, alternate transportation and repair of any kind. If your vehicle battery dies while in the possession of CarDash, CarDash may jump-start your battery but this is not an implied guarantee of such service and a service fee may apply. CarDash is not responsible for vehicle batteries that cannot hold a sufficient charge.
- You have the legal right to designate CarDash and any of its agents, employees or representatives as your agent and you delegate actual authority to CarDash to and any of its agents, employees or representatives to operate your vehicle and make decisions on your behalf for the purposes of providing Services offered through the CarDash Platform.
- You are named or scheduled on the insurance policy covering the vehicle you use when participating in the Services.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) for the operation of your vehicle to cover any anticipated losses related to your participation in the Services or the operation of your vehicle by CarDash or any of its agents, employees or representatives. You will be solely responsible for any and all liability which results from or is alleged as a result of your operation of the vehicle you use to participate in the Services, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages. In the event of a motor vehicle accident you will be solely responsible for compliance with any applicable statutory or state department of motor vehicles requirements, and for all necessary contacts with your insurance carrier.
- You will obey all applicable laws related to the matters set forth herein (including, but not limited to, vehicle registration and safety regulations), and you will be solely responsible for any violations of such laws (and CarDash expressly disclaims any liability in connection therewith).
- You are in proper condition to operate a motor vehicle, and CarDash is not responsible or liable for assessing your state when returning your keys.
- Further, as a precondition to using the Services, you agree to the following rules and policies:
- CarDash has the right to terminate the Services at any time, for any reason, in CarDash’s sole discretion.
- You will not harass, intimidate, bully, or threaten any CarDash employees, agents, contractors or representatives.
- You may only use the Services during CarDash’s regular operating hours.
- Cancellation of the Services at any time may be subject to a cancellation fee, in CarDash’s sole discretion.
- At the conclusion of certain Services, CarDash reserves the right to turn off and lock your vehicle before turning over control of your vehicle to you.
- If you don't have a valid credit card on file and your car has been parked with CarDash for more than 5 days, CarDash reserves the right to tow your vehicle at your expense.
- CarDash may, at CarDash’s sole discretion, create promotional codes that may be redeemed for account credit, or other features or benefits related to the Services, subject to any additional terms that CarDash establishes on a per promotional code basis ("Promo Codes"). You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public form or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by CarDash; (iii) may be disabled by CarDash at any time for any reason without liability to CarDash; (iv) may only be used pursuant to the specific terms that CarDash establishes for such Promo Code; (v) are not valid for cash; and (vi) may expire prior to your use.
- You are responsible for all charges incurred in connection with your use of the Services following the release of the car to your possession (including, but not limited to, fuel charges, tolls, traffic and safety violation penalties, towing expenses, parking tickets, additional parking charges, cleaning fees, etc.).
- With your written or verbal approval, your car may be released to a third party (including, but not limited to, a doorman, valet company, spouse, or family member), which concludes your Service from CarDash.
- CarDash reserves the right to store your vehicle overnight at a location of CarDash’s choosing and at your expense if you are not available to receive your vehicle.
- CarDash will only be obligated to make stops requested through and confirmed by the Services.
- CarDash reserves the right to adjust your vehicle settings (including, but not limited to, seat and mirror adjustments) to account for safe operation of the vehicle.
- You shall not leave any pets or children in the car upon dropping your car off with CarDash and CarDash reserves the right to refuse service if any pets or children are in the car.
- You will report any damage to your vehicle to CarDash within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving your vehicle from CarDash and provide complete and total photo documentation within three (3) days.
- Any repairs covered by CarDash and authorized by you will be done at CarDash’s repair facility of choice, in CarDash’s sole discretion. No additional compensation will be provided outside of the explicit repair of your vehicle.
- Repairs must be completed within 30 days of CarDash’s acceptance of liability. CarDash will respond to all customer claims re: CarDash liability within 72 hours.
- A $50 per day transportation stipend will be provided if you require transportation while your car is being repaired by CarDash. Maximum payment will be $1,000 per incident. The stipend expires within 24 hours of being notified that your car is available to be picked up from CarDash’s repair facility.
- A $20 late reschedule or cancellation fee may be charged if customer requires a rescheduling or cancellation within 24 hours of pick up or service time. Car wash cancellations due to weather will have their late fee waived.
- You are responsible for all costs associated with normal wear and tear on your vehicle (including, but not limited to, interior or mechanical wear and tear and cleaning). CarDash shall have no liability or responsibility for trash, debris or other messes left by passengers or you while providing the Services (including, but not limited to you or your passengers getting sick in the vehicle).
- Monthly subscribers of CarDash Services will be charged on a recurring monthly basis on the same date each month. You must provide at least 15 days notice prior to your next monthly renewal date if you wish to suspend, upgrade/downgrade or terminate your contract. We do not prorate or refund for the current month’s billing cycle.
- CarDash is not responsible for flat tires, or windshield cracks, which occur in the ordinary course of driving and are not otherwise caused by a collision where CarDash is at fault.
- CarDash is not responsible for parking citations received when CarDash is not in possession of the customer’s vehicle, including but not limited to citations that result from the customer’s chosen drop-off location. Parking citations should be submitted to CarDash at least 7 days before the due date; CarDash is not responsible for late fees.
- For scheduled returns, CarDash reserves the right to return the car to a garage if you are not present at the requested location within 10 minutes of your scheduled return time.
- CarDash reserves the right to deny service to oversized vehicles, which are defined as a vehicle or combination of vehicles that exceeds twenty feet in length, seven feet in width, or eight feet in height. This definition includes box trucks, vehicles with trailers, or buses.
CarDash expressly disclaims liability for any events or damage that may occur to or in connection with you or your vehicle after the Services have been completed.
Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify CarDash of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. CarDash will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the terms of this Section.
Modifications to Service: CarDash reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that CarDash will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Mobile Services: The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding CarDash and other entities by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your CarDash account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number.
Location data provided by the Service is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither CarDash, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data displayed by the Services.
Insurance: CarDash will cover your vehicle, up to the value of the vehicle for any damages incurred to the vehicle while the vehicle is in CarDash’s possession, starting from pickup and ending with the vehicle’s return to you or its final parking location.
We are not responsible for any damage to, loss of or theft of, personal belongings or intellectual property left in the car. These include tapes, records, discs or other similar audio visual or data electronic devices, any speed measuring equipment within the vehicle or any other accessories of any kind. It is your responsibility to ensure that you remove any personal belongings from the car before and after each CarDash service arranged through CarDash.
As with any personal auto insurance policy, additional insurance terms, limitations, and exclusions apply.
All maintenance and repair work completed on your vehicle is covered by the service center providing the work, and is passed on to you.
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL SUMMARY OF CARDASH'S MASTER INSURANCE POLICY AND MAY NOT ALWAYS BE UP-TO-DATE. NONE OF THE STATEMENTS IN THIS SECTION SHOULD BE INTERPRETED AS BINDING AND ARE PROVIDED FOR QUICK REFERENCE ONLY.
Fees: To the extent the Service or any portion thereof is made available for any fee, you will be required to select a payment plan and provide CarDash information regarding your credit card or other payment instrument. You represent and warrant to CarDash that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument. You will promptly update your account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur. You agree to pay CarDash the amount that is specified on the Service. If you dispute any charges you must let CarDash know within thirty (30) days after the date that CarDash charges you. CarDash reserves the right to suspend your account should a payment be rejected by your credit card company or if a payment is otherwise flagged as fraudulent. CarDash reserve the right to change CarDash’s prices at any time, and the posting of such prices on the Service will constitute notice to you of such price changes. Your continued use of the Service after the price change becomes effective constitutes your agreement to pay the changed amount. You shall be responsible for all taxes associated with the Services other than U.S. taxes based on CarDash’s net income. You shall also be responsible for all fees associated with any delays in returning your vehicle, as contemplated in the section below.
Changes in Scheduling and Delays in Returning Vehicles: We will work to return your vehicle to you in a timely manner, based on your designated vehicle return time. However, should you change or reschedule your designated vehicle return time after we have picked-up your vehicle from you, you are responsible for any fees incurred as a result of that rescheduling, including but not limited to fees for overnight storage of your vehicle.
Compliance with Local Laws: You agree to comply with all state and local laws and regulations while using the Services, including, but not limited to, all driving, traffic and pedestrian related laws and regulations.
Special Notice for International Use; Export Controls: Software (defined below) available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
Commercial Use: Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. The Service is for your personal use.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. CarDash has no control over such sites and resources and CarDash is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that CarDash will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that CarDash is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
You agree to release, indemnify and hold CarDash and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Services, any User Content, the condition of your vehicle, your operation of your vehicle, or your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine, as applicable.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CARDASH EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CARDASH MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CARDASH WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL CARDASH’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID CARDASH IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
At CarDash’s or your election, all disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to the Terms of Service or the Service that are not resolved by mutual agreement may be resolved by binding arbitration to be conducted before JAMS, or its successor. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, arbitration will be held in San Francisco, California before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, or if the parties cannot mutually agree, a single arbitrator appointed by JAMS, and will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated by JAMS unless specifically modified in the Terms of Service. The arbitration must commence within forty-five (45) days of the date on which a written demand for arbitration is filed by either party. The arbitrator’s decision and award will be made and delivered within sixty (60) days of the conclusion of the arbitration and within six (6) months of the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitrator will not have the power to award damages in excess of the limitation on actual compensatory, direct damages set forth in the Terms of Service and may not multiply actual damages or award punitive damages or any other damages that are specifically excluded under the Terms of Service, and each party hereby irrevocably waives any claim to such damages. The arbitrator may, in his or her discretion, assess costs and expenses (including the reasonable legal fees and expenses of the prevailing part) against any party to a proceeding. Any party refusing to comply with an order of the arbitrators will be liable for costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by the other party in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, any party may proceed in court without prior arbitration for the purpose of avoiding immediate and irreparable harm. The provisions of this arbitration section will be enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the introductory section above, if CarDash changes this ‘Arbitration’ section after the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service ), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Date of Last Revision” date above or in the date of CarDash’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between you and CarDash in accordance with the provisions of this section as of the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service).
You agree that CarDash, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if CarDash believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. CarDash may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that CarDash may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that CarDash will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Service and CarDash will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. CarDash reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Service.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and CarDash and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and CarDash with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third party services, third party content or third party software. These Terms of Service will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and CarDash agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within San Francisco County, California. The failure of CarDash to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign this Terms of Service without the prior written consent of CarDash, but CarDash may assign or transfer this Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Service.
QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? SUGGESTIONS?
Please contact us at service@CarDash.com to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding this Terms of Service or the Service.